Saturday, November 25, 2006

Missing!

"In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words with out a heart." - John Bunyan

Wednesday, the boys came bursting through the door! "When are the cousins getting here?!" "HUH?!" I didn't mean to sound so dumb but what were they talking about?! When I told them the cousins would be in CO for Thanksgiving, they were so sad! We are all going through our Wiegand withdrawl in different ways. I miss the busyness of it all (although I do relish the quite and the ability to work without interruptions) I miss Demetrius when he is being such a ham! I wonder if his mom and dad have agreed to that certain hairstyle? I love watching him lead the football games! There's great responsibility in being a leader, Bub! I miss Seb when he's eating Saltines and half of the cracker is going on the floor (no worries, Seb! You can use the little broom and dustpan when you're finished) I miss reading Seb's history conclusions of the days lessons! He's got a great mind for writing and I hope that he can see that and use it! I miss baking with Kana! Although we didn't do much, those were special times! I miss watching Kana do her school work! She does it so well that I think she should be in 1st grade! I miss watching Ali being a princess/mom to her Care Bears! Her little pink princess costume swishing around as she gives directions and holds court! (You CAN be a princess when you grow up, honey!) I miss seeing Gabri everyday! Her ability to push through the pain and hard work of rehab is an inspiration! God will take that talent and use it for His glory someday! I also miss her hilarious laugh! I miss baby Kate! The chubby little face that lights up when I come into the room! Oh, I know....she thinks I'm Grandma Wiegand! I'll ride on Grandma's glory as long as I can! And Naomi....I'm crying just thinking about missing her! Mother to my nephews and nieces....I love you and love your ablility to keep focused on what your real mission is! (Just take that compliment and go with it, Naomi! Don't think about all the times you fail!)
It was destined by God that they would spend this time with us! I hope we can focus on what was good and forget the times Aunt Ruth's hormone levels rose to the danger zone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home