Monday, November 14, 2005

Real Life

Before you read the following little ditty, I have to post a disclaimer. I do really love being married! But....being in love is...well, different! Having "romance" in your marriage is hard work and sometimes we're too tired! But don't let that scare you off! I found this on another blog and I'm sorry I don't remember where!


Love and Marriage- (pre-children)

Love: A romantic candle-light dinner for two
Marriage: 4 McDonald's Happy Meals . . . to go

Love: Giving your love some candy
Marriage: Scraping the kids' candy off of the carpet

Love: Sex every night (within the marriage, of course!)
Marriage: What's sex?

Love: A night out at the symphony
Marriage: A night out at Sesame Street On Ice

Love: French perfume
Marriage: "The baby needs changing. . ."

Love: Lending your jacket to your love when he/she is cold
Marriage: Your teenaged daughter has borrowed all of your jackets.

Love: Long drives through the countryside
Marriage: Long drives with the kids screaming in the backseat

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

This is funny - and true! Real life, indeed. :-)
This is my first visit to your blog, and I love your posts. I am bookmarking you and plan to visit often.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home